I’m a real lightweight when it comes to insects (for example, I could never name my Flash rival after one ;-)), but they do inspire creative photography & more:
- Buzz illustrates "The Intimate Bond Between Humans and Insects" via some amazing microscopic photography. See inside. [Via]
- Student photographer Lawraa shares a shot of a praying mantis apparently listening to Snoop ("Throw your prehensile appendages in the ai-ir…") [Via]
- Der Spiegel had a great gallery of shattered bugs, but now I’ve waited too long and it’s returning a 404 error. Dang–maybe it’ll turn up elsewhere, as the images were worth seeing. The best the site will now give me is a pregnant cow scaring chubby cyclists.
- Make any treat more mouthwatering with the help of sugar that looks like ants. [Via]
- In a similar vein, an ad campaign uses ants–"the most credible ambassadors for sweetness*"– to show off sugar-free eats.
- [For more bug life, see previous.]
*Snuggle the fabric softener bear was apparently unavailable