- Moments in time:
- Love it: an Escher painting refracted in a drop of falling water.
- Check out some rather amazing food photography (PDF)–e.g. high-speed egg detonation. [Via Margot]
- Ever wonder what a “shooting star” looks like from space? This image was taken during the Perseids meteor shower. [Via]
- “Look at That, You Son of a Bitch“: Frank perspective on the fragility of Earth, from Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell. [Via]
- Images like this make me suspect that God has a soft spot for airbrushed “Noble Wolf” shirts.
2 thoughts on “(rt) Scientific photography: Escher in water, eggs exploding, & more”
Awesome photos. Gave me some much needed inspiration.
The Modernist Cuisine books intro was very interesting in how they explained what they were doing and why.
I also wondered if the fact that the writer who is also a photographer, had any bearing on the naming of the second style of recipe structure as it is called ‘parametric recipes’ – I wonder if it was named after parametric editing as used in LR.