//na// Illustrated bits worth sharing:
- Alberto+Cerriteño makes all kinds of great little characters. [Via]
- Dan Stiles creates super-cool poster art, He’s got a real Saul Bass thing going on for the Scissor Sisters. Love this little Sigur Ros piece, too. [Via GQ]
- The hugely talented Todd Slater works in the same vein. Check out the Design & Framings tabs of his site for more good stuff, including some righteousnss for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. [Via GQ]
- Andrew Lin passes along the Photoshop-crafted posters of Tychomusic.
- Mary Sprague draws 6-foot chickens. (Wasn’t “MC Six Ft. Chicken” a band or something…?) [Via] Makes me think a bit of those Cowscapes mentioned previously.
0 thoughts on “Poster art, giant chickens, & more”
I don’t know about MC 6 ft chicken, but there was a MC 9000 ft Jesus 🙂
Some great art! Bold graphics. Simple striking colors.
One of my art professors would say, “If you’re going to be rough, use the whole fist!” We got the idea and never asked for clarification…
[Well said. I’ve been needing something fresh instead of always saying, “In for a dime, in for a dollar.” –J.]
Thanks for the links. Your blog is great, but the links are always my favorite part of your blog. Wait, also the really technical entries; because they’re such a challenge.
[Heh heh–cool; thanks for the feedback. –J.]
I agree with daddy-o, interesting links, never did visit the pencil one tho. John does have an amazing knack for finding ’em. Like the configurator for Adobe apps, he must have one for links too. Linkulator I think.
[It’s an obscure little thing called “RSS in Safari.” 🙂 –J.]
If you like these you should also check out Tara McPherson! She’s great and also has a book out titled “Lonely Heart”. Her web-site is <a href=" “>http://www.taramcpherson.com/“> http://www.taramcpherson.com/ . Have fun!
[Nice–thanks! I may have to work her site into a future update. –J.]
I wasn’t that impressed with the links actually. I suppose I like most of my art a bit more polished.
Of course, I’m sure you guys all subscribe to the UK magazine Computer Arts. There is a nice new american Student
who looks like he could be moving onto work similair to Drew Flaherty and of course the incredible McFaul (http://www.mcfaul.net)
I think that the gallery every month is a great place and of course when they profile people like http://www.mazakii.com/ (warning page may take a while to load) and others such as http://www.ry-z.com/digital/index.html
http://www.hejz.com/main.html (check out the Nike Air stuff) etc. etc.
[Thanks for the links; will check ’em. –J.]
I do like the chickens. It’s like a modern take on traditional nature watercolors.