Having worked at a couple of interactive ad shops, I’m always interested in seeing what’s being created these days:
- Pepsi is running a contest to design the next Pepsi can (more info in the press release). Watching the site, my wife remarked, "Now there’s a sound I don’t like to hear in isolation–that wet, pouring sound…"
- Speaking of unique packaging, Nintendo is offering a chance to win custom-painted Wii consoles. [Via]
- How about a scrumptious Whopper? Er, maybe not: food photography, advertising vs. reality. [Via]
- In response to visual chaos, São Paulo goes ad-free, with eerie results (photo set). [Via]. I’m headed there in two weeks & will keep my eyes peeled for the lack of ads. In a somewhat similar (but voluntary) vein, Clear Channel is trying out commercial radio without the commercials.
- Lastly, here’s a solid–and I do mean solid–ad for Reynolds Wrap.