The frontrunners: Sens. Barack Obama and John McCain. So says the Boston Globe, analyzing the type treatments of the US presidential candidates. Of Obama: “Clean pen strokes evoke a well-pressed Armani suit.” Of McCain: “Everything about this logo says you can buy a car from this man.” [Via reader Tim]
Elsewhere in the world of type:
- Nik Ainley (previous) discusses his 3D typographic techniques on Digital Arts. [Via]
- Nelson Balaban goes in a similar direction with Xtrabold. [Via]
- John Caserta’s “Dimensional Forms” are 3D foam blocks that can assume the appearance of different letters when seen from different angles. Check out the video on the left. [Via]
- FontShop has revealed their picks for Top Ten Typefaces of 2007.
- Tania Mouraud goes enormous with How Can You Sleep.
- Were these guys trying to be ironic? [Via]
- The Musalman, operating since 1927, is the only handwritten newspaper in Asia. The Last Calligraphers tells its story. [Via]