“Oh, is that True Love Waits conference?” my friend once snarkily asked as we drove past GPU conference attendees milling around downtown San Jose. “Is this Virgin-con?” Their dorktastic style comes to mind seeing demos for the helmet-mounted Wunder360.
Given that my trusty, if imperfect, Theta S 360º camera has gone MIA, I’m thinking about possible replacements. Having busted on the Wunder a bit, I’ll say I’m intrigued by the mapping possibilities. Given all it promises (especially relative to, say, the $499 Rylo camera), I’d worry that it’s oversold, especially at $159—but I guess we shall see.
The device promises:
- Capturing 360 videos with in-camera stitching, no extra post-production software is needed;
- Easy 3D scanning, enables the ability to create in 3D for everyone;
- AI-powered smart tracking, locks on your favorite view;
- Super smooth stabilization, say goodbye to shaky shots;
- Compact, lightweight and portable, pop the S1 in your pocket;
- With 100ft waterproof case, S1 works with you anywhere;