BYOTR (Bring Your Own Thematic Relationship) to these photos; I can’t offer one this time. 🙂
- I love the punchy palettes & urban grit Keith Kin Yan captures on Overshadowed. Dig this composition in particular. [Via]
- Mixing bright colors and brutalism, check out these beautifully painted Russian tower blocks. [Via]
- Offering their own mix of bright & muted, see Evern Sahlin’s India photos. (Namaste, Kilroy.) [Via]
- National Geographic’s Your Shot gives readers a chance to submit photography for inclusion in the magazine. I enjoy this perspective on bicycles in the snow. On a vaguely related note, Welcome to the Story invites readers to submit pictures of themselves to be incorporated into the narrative (not that I have any idea what’s supposed to be going on). [Via]
- Careful with that cam, Eugene: Hasselblad has a proud tradition of putting cameras in space; unfortunately one of them is part of a growing halo of space junk circling the earth. On another Hasselblad note, they feature some beautiful photos of a Bugatti from Peter Dudek. [Via Bryan O’Neil Hughes]
- Google turned up this panorama of the Millau viaduct bridge (which, at 984ft, is the world’s tallest). More cool photos of its construction are here.
- Burning bulbs redux: Rich Legg has captured a nice image of burnout. [Via]
- This wee thing is creepy & fantastic, all at once.