Chart! And! Graphs!
- “As a resident of Manhattan and an owner of a complete set of bodily organs, [Jack Anderson] knows a thing or two about subway maps and anatomy. Now you do, too.” Check out his Illustrator-designed digestive-system-as-subway-map t-shirt. [Update: See also the Metropolitan Cardiac Authority.] [Via]
- Online comic xkcd offers a map of online communities. (It somehow makes me think of a Hobbit map that spent years stuck to my childhood bedroom ceiling.)
- This Virgin Atlantic map drives home the vast number of movies available for viewing in flight.
- I love the incredible intricacy of Christa Dichgans’s maps. [Via]
- Artist Andrew Kuo spent the summer hitting as many NY concerts as possible, and he “obsessively charted the entire experience, from reviewing the bands to counting the number of porta-potties.” Check out the results. See also the brief accompanying article. Many more infographics live on his blog.
- Protec’ ya neck: Chris Sims lets us peer into the rigorous science of gangsta rap. [Via]
- This Australian dating ad uses infographics to make its pitch. (Only 11% of suitors have “unacceptable haircuts”? They must not be counting the vast number of Aussie dudes with fauxhawks.)