- Ghostly & strange: Corinne Vionnet overlays hundreds of tourist photos taken from the same spots. [Via]
- I had no that Frederick Ives captured color photos of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. (105 years later, other San Franciscans are writing apps like Instagram to mimic the same looks.)
- Bernard Kalb captured beautiful B&W photos of Antarctica during midcentury expeditions.
- What could possibly be worse than being married to Hitler? Being married to Hitler in blackface.
- Erwin Wurm makes chubby Ferraris & other absurd vehicles.
- Terrific plane nerdery: Check out fourteen 360-degree cockpit panoramas. [Via]
3 thoughts on “(rt) Photography: Strange history, beautiful Antarctica, & more”
John, thanks for the link to Hitler in black face, which brought me to this group of photo’s. http://www.life.com/gallery/42032/wwii-inside-hitlers-bunker#index/0
Bill Vandivert was a great story teller. I was his assistant back in the early 60’s and these fill in some of the missing parts to the stories he told of WWII. and Hitler.
The SF Quake photos put me in mind of this image, taken from a kite camera I believe.
One of Eva Braun’s photos and title
reminded me of this recent complete non-story from The Daily Fail – one of the UK’s idiot tabloid newspapers. Really stupid report by even their low standards.