You might already know LiveSurface, a stock-image library that featured preset grids optimized to work with Photoshop’s Vanishing Point feature. Now the crew behind it has announced the beta of LiveSurface Context, a unique 2.5D app with a built-in artwork store.
Founder Joshua Distler writes,
The app makes design exploration & visualization (for both designer and client) much faster and more fluid by acting as a kind of next-generation WYSIWYG tool. Designers can work naturally inside Illustrator and visualize their concepts rendered photographically with a click. With it you can:
- Work inside Illustrator and preview ideas rendered in photographic realism with just a click.
- Simulate a variety of inks and materials (such as foil, emboss, fluorescent) by simply choosing swatches in Illustrator.
- Download surfaces by drag and drop; surfaces are automatically re-rendered at hi-res when the download completes.
- Resize and/or rotate Plus Surfaces with a few clicks.
- Output very hi-res renderings in the background, without interruption to workflow.