By very popular demand*, Adobe has posted the first publicly available version of Lightroom for Windows on Adobe Labs. Swing by the product page to snag a copy of Adobe’s new pro photography workflow application. A few notes:
- There is no update for the Mac beta program at the moment. The current Mac version is Beta 3, released in June.
- The Windows beta will be labeled Beta 3 but is not perfectly in sync with the current Mac build (no Web Module, Identity Plates or ability to add music to slideshows just yet). There’s also plenty of performance optimization left to do (and on the Mac as well, for that matter).
- The Mac and Windows feature sets will converge before shipping the product.
- If you have more questions, check out the Lightroom beta FAQ, or see Jeff Schewe’s in-depth coverage on PhotoshopNews.com.
And with that, have at it! As always, your input will be critical in shaping Lightroom before the launch of the 1.0 version, so we look forward to seeing you on the product forum (linked from the main page).
* I’m told that some 70,000 Windows users signed up in advance to receive notification of this launch.