My fellow Photoshop PM Ashley Still interacts with customers using Photoshop in vertical markets (engineering, healthcare, etc.) and has turned up some good resources on using the app in automotive, industrial, and clothing design:
- CarBody.com pulls together a wealth of tutorials covering automotive design in Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Along those lines, here’s a concept rendering tutorial on deviantART.
- AECbytes talks about how to enhance CAD files by using Photoshop layer styles.
- Scott Onstott covers some similar territory in his video training series.
- Footwear designer Michael DiTullo has posted a detailed tutorial on rendering footwear designs in Illustrator and Photoshop–from rough sketch to realistic visualization. [Via]
- See also previous related posts.
On a slightly related note, Michael Halbert is one talented motherscratcher, offering a wealth of tutorials (including good videos) on achieving a traditional scratchboard look. [Via]. He’s also featured in the Adobe.com Print Gallery.