Something about the Star Wars franchise continues to inspire all kinds of creativity:
- Ryan Church has created amazing concept art for Star Wars Episodes II & III. Corel profiles Ryan on their Painter site, and on his site he discusses some details of how he uses Painter and Photoshop together.
- On Wicked Crispy Jeff Vector creates ridiculously cute versions of famous characters (among other things). Dig that Jabba! [Via]
- If those are up your alley, check out Matt Dawson’s simian droids.
- ILM artist Matt Busch has created a print & video series of Star Wars drawing tips for kids. [Via]
- CNET features a collection of pimped Darth helmets. (How about this face welcoming newcomers to the NY harbor?) On a related note, how about a Vader-head hot air balloon? [Via Ellis Vener]
- Okay, I’m cheating a little with this inclusion, but I marvel that someone can make an entire blog devoted to bad Spock drawings (which should be “Sloppy, as if a chimp with metal hooks for hands dipped them in ink”). [Via] I wonder whether laser-etched Spock matzoh qualifies.