- Flickr user "Dimsumranch" has created a set of HDR (?) shots from an airplane graveyard. [Via Adam Pratt]
- Superuse is an online community "where recycling meets design." Check out this beautiful recycled plane-wing desk. [Via] If that’s up your alley, see also Giancarlo de Astis’s Il Primo Wing Desk (made with the help of a former Flying Boxcar), as well as this "Apple wing" setup. [Via] Superuse also points out a DC9-turned-truck.
- "The skin of the earth can wrinkle like a horse throwing off flies." NPR features a profile of doctor/aerial photographer Michael Collier, and on their site you can find 3 minutes of his images with narration. Plenty of high-res versions of his work live in the Earth Science World Image Bank.
- NYC’s Financial District features a rooftop biplane [Via] "Its sole purpose is to amuse the inhabitants of surrounding buildings and scyscrapers."
- The NYT features a number of killer aviation prints for sale. I dig this guy in particular, and this shot of the christening of the airship USS Akron.
- For more aviation-related goodness, see previous entry.