Illustrator mensch Mordy Golding reports an interesting interaction at a recent show:
After my tutorial this week, one of the attendees approached me, telling me how much he enjoyed the session. Then he told me he’d like to present me with a gift — a quarter. No, he wasn’t trying to bribe me to lobby the Illustrator team for multiple pages. But it was a special quarter indeed, because he designed it.
Check out Mordy’s post for more info & images.
In other illustration news (no real thematic connection here, but that’s what I get for more airport blogging; the audio system has a real Harrison Bergeron effect):
- Move over, Bad Spock; it’s time for Jamar Nicholas’s Fat Wonder Woman Blog. [Via]
- Drawn.ca has uncovered a great 1981 interview with vocal legend Mel Blanc on David Letterman.
- Oh, the childhood memories: Punking the Land O’ Lakes box. [Via] It’s right up there with typing “55378008” into a calculator & looking at it upside down. (Go ahead, I’ll wait.)
- Cinematic bits:
- Something Awful pulps the hell out of flicks with the help of a little Photoshop love. [Via]
- If that’s your bag, it’s time for a healthy, Photoshop-powered Grindhouse breakfast.
- Photojojo’s got 11 Super Awesome Photoshop Movie Effects
- The Washington Post (of all places) hosts anamatics from Shoot ‘Em Up.
- Mutating Pictures uses artificial selection to create faces. “[It’s] striving to generate human likenesses out of random blobs — 1000 random pictures have been uploaded to the site… The most human-like are used to spawn 1000 new offspring, mutated from their genome, and so on, until the perfect human face emerges.” [Via]
- Dig these little sign language matchbooks. [Via]
- Mary Robinette Kowal has modified her laptop to look like a typewriter. [Via]
- Adam O’Hern has found some ridiculously cute little gymnasts on a paddle.